Monday, January 16, 2012

Light Up Your Life Rope Lamp by Hilary

After taking down holiday decorations each year I find myself wanting to de clutter and revamp my current motif. This weekend I came across a great antique store with rustic farm equipment. Needless to say I will have a few blogs coming soon with turning my old farm equipment into new beautiful home decor. For today's post I want to share a simple redesign of an old lamp. I purchased this porcelain lamp donning tacky flowers a few months ago at the GW boutique for a quick fix for a family room lamp. Before Christmas I felt the lamp was too loud and cluttering up my sofa table and decided to take it down and stash it in a closet. This weekend I saw a fab idea on Pinterest for a rope lamp. So off I went to Lowe's home improvement for the materials. For the base of the lamp I started the rope at the bottom with a dot of hot glue and wrapped around tightly. I only hot glued about every two or three circles around the lamp. For the shade I used painters tape and made vertical lines and painted two coats of sea foam blue over the tape. After about an hour in the sun I slowly peeled the tape off and put a line of rope at the top and bottom of the shade. Viola a new and improved lamp for the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment