Monday, January 2, 2012

"DIY Stamp Coasters" by Taylor

I can finally unveil my Christmas DIY project from this year now that everyone has received their gifts!  This year I have been noticing a lot of stamped projects and I decided to use that idea to make coasters for my family and friends.  It was really fun and simple to do.

Materials:
Mod Podge
Backsplash tiles (found at Lowes and Home Depot)
Felt dots
Stamps
Ink pad (I used Staz On because like the name suggests, it stays on most surfaces!)

First, I wiped the tiles clean with a damp paper towel.  Then, after they dried, I stamped the image of my choice onto four tiles.  If your stamp messes up, wipe it off with the damp paper towel immediately and try again.  When the ink dried, I modpodged over the entire surface of each tile.  The final step was to put the felt dots on the back of each tile (in the four corners).  

To give the coasters to family and friends, I wrapped each set with twine for a shabby chic look!  Billy and I kept one set for ourselves- don't you just love the pears? :)
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years with your family and friends!  Happy 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment