Friday, July 15, 2011

Shabby Chic CHEAP! by Taylor

 When Billy and I first got our house back in February we realized that we REALLY needed a desk for all our important business-like things :)  I wanted it to have a large surface, because I am a teacher and often need to spread out when I am grading a bazillion papers.  We found this gem at Habitat for Humanity in Cornelius for 30 bucks!!!
 The desk had been painted brown and had drawers, but no handles.  We sanded it down and painted it a shade of gray-blue.
Then we added dark brown handles that we found at Lowes.  This is the finished project, sitting in our office/my craftroom.

We are pretty happy with the way it turned out- especially because our total investment was around $65 including paint and hardware.  That is one of the best things about decorating Shabby Chic- it can also be cheap if you know where to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment